The Australasian College of Legal Medicine (ACLM) was proposed in June 1995, and inaugurated in Sydney on 11 November 1995 as a result of the suggestions and efforts of the founding President, Dr Maurice Wallin of Melbourne, Dr Maura McGill of Sydney, and Dr. Noel McCleave of Adelaide.
The Objects of the College were later defined in the Memorandum of Association of the Company Limited by Guarantee, which was incorporated on 20 December 1996, to include:
- To promote study and research in the field of legal medicine;
- To establish high standards of skill and practice in the field of legal medicine;
- To establish and maintain a code of professional standards governing those practising in the field of legal medicine, and to provide advice and information to those practising in the field of legal medicine;
- To promote and seek representation for the field of legal medicine in appropriate academic, political and other forums;
- To act as, and to promote itself as, an authoritative body in the field of legal medicine and as a supporting body for members of the medical profession generally in relation to the field of legal medicine.
Your email inquiries are most welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org